Главная | Регистрация | Вход | RSSВторник, 23.04.2024, 22:12

Форум педагогических идей

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум педагогических идей » Чтение художественной литературы » Сказки » Сказки на английском языке
Сказки на английском языке
Марина Дата: Суббота, 15.02.2014, 12:00 | Сообщение # 1
бякО
Настроение:
Статус: Offline
The Bun (Колобок)
Once there lived an old man and old woman.The old man said,
"Old woman, bake me a bun."
"What can I make it from? I have no flour." "Eh, eh, old woman! Scrape the cupboard, sweep the flour bin, and you will find enough flour."
The old woman picked up a duster, scraped the cupboard, swept the flour bin and gathered about two handfuls of flour.
She mixed the dough with sour cream, fried it in butter, and put the bun on the window sill to cool. The bun lay and lay there. Suddenly it rolled off the window sill to the bench, from the bench to the floor, from the floor to the door. Then it rolled over the threshold to the entrance hall, from the entrance hall to the porch, from the porch to the courtyard, from the courtyard trough the gate and on and on.
The bun rolled along the road and met a hare.
"Little bun, little bun, I shall eat you up!" said the hare. "Don't eat me, slant-eyed hare! I will sing you a song," said the bun, and sang:
I was scraped from the cupboard,
Swept from the bin,
Kneaded with sour cream,
Fried in butter,
And coolled on the sill.
I got away from Grandpa,
I got away from Grandma
And I'll get away from you, hare!
And the bun rolled away before the hare even saw it move!
The bun rolled on and met
a wolf.
"Little bun, little bun, I shall eat you up," said the wolf.
"Don't eat me, gray wolf!" said the bun. "I will sing you a song." And the bun sang:
Swept from the bin,
Kneaded with sour cream,
Fried in butter,
And coolled on the sill.
I got away from Grandpa,
I got away from Grandma
I got away from the hare,
And I'll get away from you, gray wolf!
And the bun rolled away before the wolf even saw it move!
The bun rolled on and met
a bear.
"Little bun, little bun, I shall eat you up," the bear said.
"You will not, pigeon toes!"
And the bun sang:
Swept from the bin,
Kneaded with sour cream,
Fried in butter,
And coolled on the sill.
I got away from Grandpa,
I got away from Grandma
I got away from the wolf,
And I'll get away from you, big bear!
And again the bun rolled away before the bear even saw it move!
The bun rolled and rolled and met
a fox.
"Hello, little bun, how nice yor are!" said the fox.
And the bun sang:
Swept from the bin,
Kneaded with sour cream,
Fried in butter,
And coolled on the sill.
I got away from Grandpa,
I got away from Grandma,
I got away from the wolf,
I got away from bear,
And I'll get away from you, old fox!
"What a wonderful song!" said the fox. "But little bun, I have became old now and hard of hearing. Come sit on my snout and sing your song again a little louder."
The bun jumped up on the fox's snout and sang the same song.
"Thank you, little bun, that was a wonderful song. I'd like to hear it again. Come sit on my tongue and sing it for the last time," said the fox, sticking out her tongue.
The bun foolishly jumped onto her tongue and- snatch!- she ate it.

ОДНАЖДЫ ТО, ЧТО ПРИЧИНИЛО ТЕБЕ БОЛЬ, СДЕЛАЕТ ТЕБЯ СИЛЬНЕЕ ( Дрю Берримор)

Любимый Дата: Суббота, 15.02.2014, 12:12 | Сообщение # 2
старший воспитатель
Настроение:
The Turnip (сказка "Репка" на английском языке)

Grandpa planted a turnip. The turnip grew bigger and bigger. Grandpa came to pick the turnip, pulled and pulled but couldn't pull it up!

Grandpa called Grandma.
Grandma pulled Grandpa,
Grandpa pulled the turnip.
They pulled and pulled but couldn't pull it up! Granddaughter came.
Granddaughter pulled Grandma,
Grandma pulled Grandpa,
Grandpa pulled the turnip. They pulled and pulled but couldn't pull it up!

The doggy came.
Doggy pulled Granddaughter,
Grandma pulled Grandpa,
A kitty came.
Kitty pulled doggy,
Grandma pulled Grandpa,

A mouse came.
The mouse pulled kitty,
Kitty pulled doggy,
Grandma pulled Grandpa,
Grandpa pulled the turnip. They pulled and pulled and pulled the turnip up!

Kennethtort Дата: Пятница, 21.10.2016, 13:26 | Сообщение # 3
ясли
Настроение: Россия
Теремок (The wooden house)
There stood a small wooden house (teremok) in the open field. A mouse ran by: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? Nobody answered. The mouse went into the house and began to live there.  Стоит в поле теремок. Бежит мимо мышка: - Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет? Никто не отзывается. Вошла мышка в теремок и стала в нем жить.  A frog hopped by: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? -I am a mouse. And who are you? - I am a frog. Let's live together. So the mouse and the frog began living together.  Прискакала лягушка: - Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет? - Я мышка. А ты кто? - А я лягушка. Давай вместе жить! Стали мышка с лягушкой вдвоем жить.  A hare ran by. He saw the house and asked: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? -I am a mouse. - I am a frog. And who are you? -And I am a hare. The hare jumped into the house and all of them began living together.  Бежит мимо зайчик. Увидал теремок и спрашивает: Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет?  Then there came a fox. She knocked on the window: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? -I am a mouse. - I am a frog. -And I am a hare. And who are you? -And I am a fox. The fox climbed into the house too.  Идет лисичка. Постучала в окошко: Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет? - Я мышка - Я лягушка - А я зайчик. А ты кто? - А я лисичка. Забралась лисичка в теремок.  A wolf ran by: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? -I am a mouse. -I am a frog. -And I am a hare. -And I am a fox. And who are you? - I am a wolf. The wolf climbed into the house too, and they all started living together.  Прибежал волчок: - Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет? - Я мышка - Я лягушка - А я зайчик. - А я лисичка. А ты кто? - А я волчок. Волк влез в теремок, стали они впятером жить.  A bear walked by. He saw the house and roared: - Little house, little house! Who lives in the little house? -I am a mouse. -I am a frog. -And I am a hare. -And I am a fox. -And I am a wolf. Who are you? -And I am a bear!!! The bear started climbing onto the roof and - crushed the whole house! All of the scared animals ran away in different directions!  Идет мимо медведь. Увидал теремок да как заревет: - Терем-теремок! Кто в тереме живет? - Я мышка - Я лягушка - А я зайчик - Я лисичка. - А я волчок. А ты кто? - А я медведь косолапый! Влез медведь на крышу и Бах! - раздавил теремок. Разбежались звери кто-куда!

WilliamBosy Дата: Четверг, 03.11.2016, 01:55 | Сообщение # 4
ясли
Настроение: Russia
Три поросенка (Three little pigs)   
Once there were three little pigs who grew up and left their mother to find homes for themselves. The thirst pig set out and before long he met a man with the bundle of straw. "Please man" said the pig, "Will you let me have that bundle of straw to build my house." "Yes, here, take it." Said the kind man. The little pig was very pleased and at once built himself the house of straw. He had hardly moved in when the wolf came walking by and seeing the new house knocked on the door. "Little pig, little pig" he said "Open up the door and let me in." Now the little pig's mother had warned him about strangers so he said "No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin, I'll not let you in." "Now I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." Cried the wolf. But the little pig went on saying "No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin, I'll not let you in." So the old wolf huffed and he puffed and he blew the house down and the little pig run fast as he could back to his mother's house.    The second little pig said goodbye to his mother and set out. Before long he met a man with the bundle of sticks. "Please man" he said, "Will you let me have that bundle of sticks to build my house." "Yes, you can have it, here it is." Said the kind man. So the second little pig was very pleased and used the sticks to build himself the house. He had hardly moved in when the wolf came walking by and knocked at the door. "Little pig, little pig" he said "Open up your door and let me in." Now the second little pig remembered what his mother had told him so he too said "No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin, I'll not let you in." "Now I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." Cried the wolf. But the little pig went on saying "No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin, I'll not let you in." So again the old wolf huffed and he puffed and he huffed and he puffed this time it was much harder work but finally down came the house and the second little pig had to run as fast as he could back to his mother's house.    Then last of all the third little pig set out and met a man with load of bricks. "Please man" he said, "Will you let me have that load of bricks to build my house." "Yes, here they are, all for you." Said the kind man. The third little pig was very pleased and built himself the brick house. Again the wolf came along and again he said. "Little pig, little pig open your door and let me in." But like his brothers the third little pig said "No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin, I'll not let you in." "Now I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." Cried the wolf. And when the third little pig wouldn't open the door he huffed and he puffed and he huffed and he puffed then he tried again but the brick house was so strong that he could not blow it down. This made the wolf so angry that he jumped onto the roof of the little brick house and roared down the chimney. "I'm coming down to eat you up." The little pig had put a pot of boiling water on the fire and now he took off the lid, down the chimney tumbled the wolf and splash, he fell right into the pot. Quickly the little pig bang down the cover and boiled up the old wolf for his dinner. And so, the clever little pig lived happily ever after.

WWW.GG-ARENA.RU

WilliamBosy Дата: Четверг, 03.11.2016, 01:56 | Сообщение # 5
ясли
Настроение: Russia
Сказка на английском языке «Заяц и черепаха».
The hare and the tortoise. In the forest there was a clearing were many animals gather each evening after going to the river to drink. The tortoise was usually the last to arrive and the other animals would laugh at him as he plodded into the clearing. "Come on slow buck" they would call out as he came trough the grass towards them. The tortoise would blink at them with his beady eyes and continue slowly on his way until he reached the spot were he wanted to settle down.  The liveliest of all the animals there was the hare. He run so fast that he was always the first to arrive. "Just look at me", - he was boasting one evening, - "I can run faster than any of you, my speed and quickness will always win".  The tortoise ambled into the clearing last as usual but to everyone surprise he did not go to his usual place. Instead he went slowly across to the hare. "Since you run so fast could you beat me in a race", - he asked. "I?.., beat you?.., in a race?..," - exclaimed the hare. And he fell on the ground and held his sides he laughed so much. "Of course I could beat you. You've made the distance tortoise but don't make it too far for you short little legs." And he burst with laughter again. Most of the other animals laughed too. It did seem a very comic idea. The fox were fought they would see some good sport said, - "Come on then tortoise name the distance and a time and then we will all come to see fair play". "Let us start tomorrow morning at sunrise", - suggested the tortoise. “We'll run from this clearing to the edge of the forest and return to this spot again along the bank of the river.“ Right, it will take you all day to go so far, tortoise. Are you sure you wanna go ahead with it," - asked the hare. He dreamed all over his face of the fought of the easy victory he would have. "I am sure", - replied the tortoise, - "The first one back to this clearing will be the winner". "Agreed", - said the hare as the tortoise settled down in some long grass to sleep for the night.  The next morning the clearing was full of animals who had come to see the start of the great race. Some run along to the edge of the forest to make sure that both animals follow the proper rout. Others choose good places to watch along the way. The hare and the tortoise stood side by side as the sun rose the fox called out "Ready!.. steady!.. go!.." The hare jumped up and was out of sight almost at once. The tortoise started off in the same direction he plodded along picking up his fits slowly then putting them down only a little in front of were they had been before. "Come on, tortoise" called his friends anxiously. But he did not lift up his foot to wave it in as the hare had done he kept on moving slowly forwards. In a few minutes the hare was alone away from the starting line so he slowed down. "It's gonna take the tortoise all day" he fought. "So there's no need for me to hurry. He stopped to talk to friends in nearby juicy grass here and there along the path. By the time he reached halfway the sun was high in the sky and the day became very hot. The animals who were waiting there saw the hare turned back towards the clearing. They settled down for a long wait for the tortoise. As he returned by the river the hot sun and the grass he had eaten made the hare fill sleepy. ''There's no need to hurry" he told himself. "Here's a nice shady spot". And stretched himself comfortably he laid down with paws beneath his head he murmured sleepily. "It won't mere if tortoise passes me, I'm much faster than he is, I'll still get back first and win the race". He drifted off to sleep.  Meanwhile the tortoise went on slowly. He reached the edge of the forest quite soon after the hare for he had not stopped to talk to his friends or eat tempting fresh grass. Before long smiling gently he passed the hare sleeping in the shade. The animals in the clearing waited all day for the hare to return but he did not arrive. The sun was setting before they saw the tortoise plodding towards them. "Where’s the hare" they called out. The tortoise did not waste his breath in answering but came steadily towards them.  "Hurrah!.. Tortoise has won!.. Well done slow buck!.." The animals cheered. Only when he knew he had won the race did tortoise speak. "Hare?.. Ou!.. He's asleep back there by the river". There was a sudden flurry and with great speed the hare burst into the clearing. He had woken and seen how long the shadows were realized that he had slept much longer than he intended. He had raced back to the clearing but he was too late. Tortoise smiled and said "Slow and steady wins the race".

WWW.GG-ARENA.RU

isabellero69 Дата: Среда, 21.12.2016, 03:57 | Сообщение # 6
ясли
Настроение: крутыш
Сказка на английском языке Золотая рыбка.
THE GOLDEN FISH Once upon a time, in a land far far away lived a very poor couple in a shack not far from the edge of the sea. Their only means of food was the fish that the old man caught in the sea. One morning, as was his usual routine, the fisherman took his fishing net down to the sea. But on this day something unusual happened, on this day the fisherman caught the Golden Fish. The Golden Fish begged for the fisherman to spare his life, and offered in return to grant the fisherman any wish he would like. But the kindhearted fisherman asked for nothing, and returned the Golden Fish to the sea. However, the fisherman's wife was not so kindhearted, she became irate when he related the story to her, and sent him back to the sea to catch the Golden Fish and to wish for a loaf of bread. The fisherman did as he was told, he caught the fish and wished for a loaf of bread. When he returned home he found a fresh baked loaf of bread on the table. The fisherman's wife then decided that she wanted more than just a loaf of bread. The next morning she sent her husband to ask for a new. He returned home to find his wife with a new washtub, but she still wasn't satisfied. The following day the husband was sent to the sea to find the magic fish and to wish for a new house. This wish was, like the ones before it, granted to the fisherman. But the fisherman was sent back again the next day to wish that his wife would become governor. This time he returned home to find his wife dressed in riches and ordering about servants. But the woman was still unhappy, and demanded to become Queen of all the land. Eventually, even being Queen of all the land did not satisfy the wife, and so she sent her husband once last time to the sea to catch the Golden Fish and to wish that she would be ruler of the sea and of all creatures who live in it. The fisherman caught the fish, and made the wish. However, when he returned home his wife was dressed in her old rags, standing by her old broken washtub, inside the old shack, with not even a loaf of bread to eat.

FrankBuh Дата: Суббота, 24.12.2016, 03:44 | Сообщение # 7
ясли
Настроение: Zimbabwe
Сказка на английском языке с переводом.
The fox and the crane Лиса и журавль The fox made friends with the crane. The fox once had a notion to treat the crane to dinner and went to invite him to her house. "Come godfather! Come dear! How I'll entertain you!" The crain went to the dinner party. The fox had cooked farina cereal and spread it over a plate. She served it and urged. "Eat, my friend-godfather, I cooked it myself. "   Подружилась лиса с журавлем. Вот вздумала однажды лиса угостить журавля и пошла звать его к себе в гости. -Приходи куманек! Приходи, дорогой! Уж я как тебя угощу! Идет журавль на званый пир. А лиса наварила манной каши и размазала ее по тарелке. Подала и потчует. -Покушай, мой голубчик-куманек! Сама стряпала.  The crane went peck-peck with his bill, knocked and knocked, but got nothing. Meanwhile, the fox licked and licked the cereal until she had eaten it all.  The cereal eaten, the fox said,  "Don't be offended dear godfather. There is nothing more to offer you." "Thank you, godmother for that. Come to visit me." The next day the fox went, and  the crane made cold soup.   Журавль хлоп-хлоп носом, стучал, стучал, ничего не попадает. А лисица в это время лижет себе да лижет кашу, так всю сама и съела. Каша съедена; лисица говорит: -Не обессудь, любезный кум. Больше потчевать нечем. -Спасибо, кума, и на этом. Приходи ко мне в гости. На другой день приходит лиса, а журавль приготовил окрошку.  He poured it into a pitcher with a narrow neck and put it on the table. He said,  "Eat godmother. Truly, there's nothing more offer you." The fox began to spin around the pitcher. She approached it one way, then another. She licked it and sniffed it, but couldn't get anything. Her head wouldn't fit into the pitcher. Mean-while the crane sucked and sucked until he had eaten everything up.    Налил в кувшин с узким горлышком, поставил на стол и говорит: -Кушай, кумушка. Право, больше потчевать нечем. Лиса начала вертеться вокруг кувшина. Так зайдет и этак, и лизнет его, и понюхает, все ничего не достанет. Не лезет голова в кувшин. А журавль меж тем клюет себе да клюет, пока все не поел. "Don't be offended godmother. There's nothing more to offer you." The fox was annoyed, having thought she would eat for the whole week. She went home having gotten nothing. It was tit for tat! From that moment on, the friendship between fox and crane was over.    -Ну, не обессудь, кума. Больше угощать нечем. Взяла лису досада, думала, что наестся на целую неделю. Пришла лиса домой несолоно хлебавши. Как аукнулось, так и откликнулось! С тех пор и дружба у лисы с журавлем врозь.

<a href=http://arhground.ru>HERE</a>

Axwowova Дата: Воскресенье, 26.02.2017, 13:38 | Сообщение # 8
ясли
Настроение: USA
Сказка на английском языке Снегурочка.
SNOWMAIDEN (first version)
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, a peasant woman looked out the window of her cottage to watch the village children play in the snow. She did this often because, although she led a very happy life with her husband, there was still a longing in her heart. The woman and her husband had no children of their own, and their biggest wish was to one day be able to watch their own child play in the snow. The husband one day suggested to his wife that they should go outside and build a snowman, instead of sitting in the house all day. The wife agreed, but wanted instead to build a girl - a snowmaiden. The couple spent that whole day carefully building and molding a snowmaiden. They inserted two bright blue beads for eyes, and a bright red ribbon for her mouth. Then they stood back to look at their beautiful creation. As they watched they noticed something, it looked as if the snowmaiden was smiling. The couple then realized that she was coming to life. After she smiled her hair curled up and she walked into the house. The peasant couple finally had a daughter of their own! Snowmaiden grew to be beautiful. Her eyes gleamed bright blue and her flaxen hair hung down to her waist. Snowmaiden was however very pale, with no color in her cheeks or lips, but this did not make her any less beautiful. As winter melted into spring, and the weather started getting warmer, Snowmaiden started to behave strangely. She no longer wanted to go outside to play with the other children, and she began to hide in the dark places of the house. The husband and wife began to worry about her. Soon summer came and Snowmaiden was more withdrawn than ever. One day her friends asked her to join them on a trip into the woods to pick berries. Snowmaiden was reluctant to join, but at the persistence of her parents went along. In the woods Snowmaiden was sure to stay in the shade. When nightfall came her friends built a fire, and played games jumping over it. Snowmaiden, however, sat by an icy river. Her friends called to her to join their games, but Snowmaiden did not want to go. But as the night went on Snowmaiden grew very lonely by herself at the river, and decided to join their games. "Jump over the fire!" her friends yelled at her. Snowmaiden took a step, ran towards the fire, jumped, and melted away. The poor peasant couple were once again childless.
SNOWMAIDEN (second version)
There was once a daughter born to Fairy Spring and Father Frost. This daughter was the most beautiful maiden that had ever been known, she had skin as pale as the snow, eyes blue like the sky, and thick blond hair that hung to her waist. She was named Snowmaiden. Fairy Spring had to hide her daughter from the Sun God, whose rays could easily destroy the beautiful girl, so for a very long time Snowmaiden lived deep within the woods. But it was very lonely there, and one day Snowmaiden decided to take a long walk. As she walked she heard a beautiful sound. At first it was very far away, but it drew Snowmaiden closer and closer to its source. Snowmaiden followed it for a long time, all the way to the edge of the forest. There in an open field sat Lyel, a farm boy, playing his flute. Snowmaiden listened and watched form the edge of the forest, and became enchanted with Lyel. Snowmaiden went to the edge of the forest every day to listen to the farm boy play his flute. Lyel always ignored the beautiful girl standing in the shade of the trees, and instead danced with the girls who sat with him in the field. This broke Snowmaiden's tender heart, and she decided to go speak with her mother about it. "Mother," Snowmaiden began, "please let me feel real love." Fairy Spring understood that her daughter wanted the farm boy to fall in love with her. "If you want real love," Fairy Spring answered, "you must leave the protection of the forest and go into the open field where the boy plays his flute." The next day Snowmaiden once again followed the sweet sound of Lyel's music to the edge of the woods. She stepped out of the trees, and walked into the opening. Lyel turned to look at her, and thought she was the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen in his life. Just then Snowmaiden stepped into a ray of sunshine, which illuminated her beauty to its fullest. But the Sun God's ray was to strong for Snowmaiden, and she melted before Lyel's eyes.

купить p-force

tommydq11 Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2017, 20:59 | Сообщение # 9
ясли
Настроение: крутыш
Царь Салтан. Сказка на английском.
   TSAR SALTAN Once upon a time in a far away land Tsar Saltan sat listening to the future plans of three sisters. One of these sisters said that she wanted to give birth to a great warrior, and employ the other two sisters in her charge. Tsar Saltan decided to marry this sister, making the other two sisters become very jealous. These two women decided to do everything they could to make the married sister's life unhappy. Tsar Saltan soon went away to war. During his absence his queen gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Gvidon. It looked as if her dream of the future were beginning to be fulfilled, but her evil sisters wrote to the Tsar and convinced him that his son was an evil monster. Believing their ridiculous story, the Tsar then ordered that his wife and son be sealed in a barrel and cast into the sea. The barrel drifted for many years, finally washing ashore after Prince Gvidon had already grown into a man. On this shore Prince Gvidon performed his first great task, he rescued a swan being attacked by an evil magician. Having been saved, the swan then turned into an enchanting princess who promised to help Gvidon find his father. The Prince then became ruler of the land that he had washed ashore upon, and his kingdom became famous throughout the world. One day a merchant ship en route to Tsar Saltan's country passed through Prince Gvidon's magnificent land. On arrival to Tsar Saltan's country the merchant told the Tsar about his son's great land. Tsar Saltan made plans to travel there, but the evil sisters talked him out of it. The next time the merchant passed through the kingdom of Prince Gvidon he saw the Magic Squirrel which lived in a crystal cage that Prince Gvidon had built for it. Again the merchant arrived home to tell Tsar Saltan of his son's magical land, but again the evil sisters interfered. They told the Tsar that he should instead go to the land where one can see 33 warriors and Chernomor rise from the ocean. The Princess Swan explained to Prince Gvidon that these warriors were her brothers, so when the merchant passed through the land a third time this feat was performed for him. Having heard this story the wicked sisters dissuaded the Tsar once more from traveling to his son by telling him that it would be more worth his while to find the Magic Princess with the Sea Star above her head. Prince Gvidon was sad when he discovered once more that his father would not come to see him. Little did he know that the Swan Princess and the Magic Princess were one in the same! The merchant then returned home a fourth time to inform the Tsar that his son had married the Magic Princess. The Tsar then immediately set sail for Gvidon's kingdom where the family was reunited. They lived there happily ever after.

Марина Дата: Понедельник, 08.05.2017, 22:01 | Сообщение # 10
бякО
Настроение:
Жар-птица. Сказка для детей на английском языке.  

THE FIRE BIRD In a far away land a thief was stealing golden apples which had the power of bestowing youth and beauty from Tsar Berendey`s magic Garden. The guards of the Tsar were unable to stop this, for as hard as they tried, the thief always got away. None of the guards could even see this thief. The Tsar was frustrated for he needed the golden apples for himself, as he was married to a very beautiful young Queen. The only person who spotted the thief was the Tsar's son, Prince Ivan Tsarevich. As the night came upon the Garden, the young Tsarevich hid under a water bucket and listened closely to every sound around him. At dawn, the Prince almost fell asleep, but the silence was broken by a magical being. The Prince pulled the water bucket up slightly so he could just see through the thin opening. And there it was; The Fire Bird. In the depth of night the Fire Bird would fly into the garden with its feathers blazing with a silvery of golden sheen. Its eyes were shining like crystals and would light the place as brightly as a thousand burning fires. The Tsarevich crawled up to the unsuspecting bird, and rushed to grab it by the tail. The next day Prince Ivan told his father the old Tsar, about the Fire Bird. He showed his father the only feather he had managed to get from the Bird's tail. As the Bird was too smart and flew away. From that day on the Tsar was obsessed with the idea of capturing the Fire Bird for himself. In order to find the Bird he sent his three sons on a journey to another Kingdom. Ivan Tsarevich's adventure begins when after a long day's ride he falls asleep, only to awake in the morning and find his horse gone. Wondering through the woods he meets a gray wolf who confesses that he ate the horse. Grateful that Ivan had spared his life, Gray Wolf offers to let Ivan ride on his back. Grey Wolf takes Ivan to Tsar Afron's kingdom, where the Fire Bird is kept in a golden cage inside the Tsar's walled garden. The Prince warned by the Gray Wolf to take only the bird, and not the cage, takes the cage as well and triggers an alarm. Captured by Tsar Afron, he is told that in order to have the Fire Bird he must pay for it with the Horse of the Golden Mane, which is in possession of Tsar Kusman. The Gray Wolf carries Ivan to Kusman's palace and advises him to acquire the horse but not the bridle. Once again the Prince is tempted by the gold and diamonds in the bridle, so he ignores the advice. He again becomes captured by Kusman, who now says he will only give him the horse in exchange for the fair Princess Elena, who was residing with Tsar Dalmat. This time the wolf does the work himself and seizes Elena. He brings her back to Ivan and the Prince falls in love with her. The wolf offers to trick Kusman by assuming Elena's shape and also to trick Afron too by assuming the form of the horse. Ivan returns, with Elena, the horse and the Fire Bird, however when the wolf leaves him he is ambushed and killed by his brothers. The wolf then returns and revives him with the Waters of Life and Death, the brothers are banished, and Ivan Tsarevich meets Tsar Berendey to tell his tragic story. When the Tsar's grief fades, the Prince marries Elena the Fair and they lived happily ever after.

ОДНАЖДЫ ТО, ЧТО ПРИЧИНИЛО ТЕБЕ БОЛЬ, СДЕЛАЕТ ТЕБЯ СИЛЬНЕЕ ( Дрю Берримор)

sandyhw16 Дата: Четверг, 29.06.2017, 00:07 | Сообщение # 11
ясли
Настроение: бросает курить
На краю моряSome years ago, large ships were sent towards the north pole, to explore the distant coasts, and to try how far men could penetrate into those unknown regions. For more than a year one of these ships had been pushing its way northward, amid snow and ice, and the sailors had endured many hardships; till at length winter set in, and the sun entirely disappeared; for many weeks there would be constant night. All around, as far as the eye could reach, nothing could be seen but fields of ice, in which the ship remained stuck fast. The snow lay piled up in great heaps, and of these the sailors made huts, in the form of bee-hives, some of them as large and spacious as one of the “Huns’ graves,” and others only containing room enough to hold three or four men. It was not quite dark; the northern lights shot forth red and blue flames, like continuous fireworks, and the snow glittered, and reflected back the light, so that the night here was one long twilight. When the moon was brightest, the natives came in crowds to see the sailors. They had a very singular appearance in their rough, hairy dresses of fur, and riding in sledges over the ice. They brought with them furs and skins in great abundance, so that the snow-houses were soon provided with warm carpets, and the furs also served for the sailors to wrap themselves in, when they slept under the roofs of snow, while outside it was freezing with a cold far more severe than in the winter with us. In our country it was still autumn, though late in the season; and they thought of that in their distant exile, and often pictured to themselves the yellow leaves on the trees at home. Their watches pointed to the hours of evening, and time to go to sleep, although in these regions it was now always night.In one of the huts, two of the men laid themselves down to rest. The younger of these men had brought with him from home his best, his dearest treasure—a Bible, which his grandmother had given him on his departure. Every night the sacred volume rested under his head, and he had known from his childhood what was written in it. Every day he read in the book, and while stretched on his cold couch, the holy words he had learnt would come into his mind: “If I take the wings of the morning, and fly to the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Thou art with me, and Thy right hand shall uphold me;” and under the influence of that faith which these holy words inspired, sleep came upon him, and dreams, which are the manifestations of God to the spirit. The soul lives and acts, while the body is at rest. He felt this life in him, and it was as if he heard the sound of dear, well-known melodies, as if the breezes of summer floated around him; and over his couch shone a ray of brightness, as if it were shining through the covering of his snow-roof. He lifted his head, and saw that the bright gleaming was not the reflection of the glittering snow, but the dazzling brightness of the pinions of a mighty angel, into whose beaming face he was gazing. As from the cup of a lily, the angel rose from amidst the leaves of the Bible; and, stretching out his arm, the walls of the hut sunk down, as though they had been formed of a light, airy veil of mist, and the green hills and meadows of home, with its ruddy woods, lay spread around him in the quiet sunshine of a lovely autumn day. The nest of the stork was empty, but ripe fruit still hung on the wild apple-tree, although the leaves had fallen. The red hips gleamed on the hedges, and the starling which hung in the green cage outside the window of the peasant’s hut, which was his home, whistled the tune which he had taught him. His grandmother hung green birds’-food around the cage, as he, her grandson, had been accustomed to do. The daughter of the village blacksmith, who was young and fair, stood at the well, drawing water. She nodded to the grandmother, and the old woman nodded to her, and pointed to a letter which had come from a long way off. That very morning the letter had arrived from the cold regions of the north; there, where the absent one was sweetly sleeping under the protecting hand of God. They laughed and wept over the letter; and he, far away, amid ice and snow, under the shadow of the angel’s wings, wept and smiled with them in spirit; for he saw and heard it all in his dream. From the letter they read aloud the words of Holy Writ: “In the uttermost parts of the sea, Thy right hand shall uphold me.” And as the angel spread his wings like a veil over the sleeper, there was the sound of beautiful music and a hymn. Then the vision fled. It was dark again in the snow-hut: but the Bible still rested beneath his head, and faith and hope dwelt in his heart. God was with him, and he carried home in his heart, even “in the uttermost parts of the sea.”

ebonyqs60 Дата: Пятница, 30.06.2017, 03:37 | Сообщение # 12
ясли
Настроение: пофигистирует
Отсрочка не является упущением

There was an old mansion surrounded by a marshy ditch with a drawbridge which was but seldom let down:—not all guests are good people. Under the roof were loopholes to shoot through, and to pour down boiling water or even molten lead on the enemy, should he approach. Inside the house the rooms were very high and had ceilings of beams, and that was very useful considering the great deal of smoke which rose up from the chimney fire where the large, damp logs of wood smouldered. On the walls hung pictures of knights in armour and proud ladies in gorgeous dresses; the most stately of all walked about alive. She was called Meta Mogen; she was the mistress of the house, to her belonged the castle.Towards the evening robbers came; they killed three of her people and also the yard-dog, and attached Mrs. Meta to the kennel by the chain, while they themselves made good cheer in the hall and drank the wine and the good ale out of her cellar. Mrs. Meta was now on the chain, she could not even bark.But lo! the servant of one of the robbers secretly approached her; they must not see it, otherwise they would have killed him.“Mrs. Meta Mogen,” said the fellow, “do you still remember how my father, when your husband was still alive, had to ride on the wooden horse? You prayed for him, but it was no good, he was to ride until his limbs were paralysed; but you stole down to him, as I steal now to you, you yourself put little stones under each of his feet that he might have support, nobody saw it, or they pretended not to see it, for you were then the young gracious mistress. My father has told me this, and I have not forgotten it! Now I will free you, Mrs. Meta Mogen!”Then they pulled the horses out of the stable and rode off in rain and wind to obtain the assistance of friends.“Thus the small service done to the old man was richly rewarded!” said Meta Mogen.“Delaying is not forgetting,” said the fellow.The robbers were hanged.There was an old mansion, it is still there; it did not belong to Mrs. Meta Mogen, it belonged to another old noble family.We are now in the present time. The sun is shining on the gilt knob of the tower, little wooded islands lie like bouquets on the water, and wild swans are swimming round them. In the garden grow roses; the mistress of the house is herself the finest rose petal, she beams with joy, the joy of good deeds: however, not done in the wide world, but in her heart, and what is preserved there is not forgotten. Delaying is not forgetting!Now she goes from the mansion to a little peasant hut in the field. Therein lives a poor paralysed girl; the window of her little room looks northward, the sun does not enter here. The girl can only see a small piece of field which is surrounded by a high fence. But to-day the sun shines here—the warm, beautiful sun of God is within the little room; it comes from the south through the new window, where formerly the wall was.The paralysed girl sits in the warm sunshine and can see the wood and the lake; the world had become so large, so beautiful, and only through a single word from the kind mistress of the mansion.“The word was so easy, the deed so small,” she said, “the joy it afforded me was infinitely great and sweet!”And therefore she does many a good deed, thinks of all in the humble cottages and in the rich mansions, where there are also afflicted ones. It is concealed and hidden, but God does not forget it. Delayed is not forgotten!An old house stood there; it was in the large town with its busy traffic. There are rooms and halls in it, but we do not enter them, we remain in the kitchen, where it is warm and light, clean and tidy; the copper utensils are shining, the table as if polished with beeswax; the sink looks like a freshly scoured meatboard. All this a single servant has done, and yet she has time to spare as if she wished to go to church; she wears a bow on her cap, a black bow, that signifies mourning. But she has no one to mourn, neither father nor mother, neither relations nor sweetheart. She is a poor girl. One day she was engaged to a poor fellow; they loved each other dearly.One day he came to her and said:“We both have nothing! The rich widow over the way in the basement has made advances to me; she will make me rich, but you are in my heart; what do you advise me to do?”“I advise you to do what you think will turn out to your happiness,” said the girl. “Be kind and good to her, but remember this; from the hour we part we shall never see each other again.”Years passed; then one day she met the old friend and sweetheart in the street; he looked ill and miserable, and she could not help asking him, “How are you?”“Rich and prospering in every respect,” he said; “the woman is brave and good, but you are in my heart. I have fought the battle, it will soon be ended; we shall not see each other again now until we meet before God!”A week has passed; this morning his death was in the newspaper, that is the reason of the girl’s mourning! Her old sweetheart is dead and has left a wife and three step-children, as the paper says; it sounds as if there is a crack, but the metal is pure.The black bow signifies mourning, the girl’s face points to the same in a still higher degree; it is preserved in the heart and will never be forgotten. Delaying is not forgetting!These are three stories you see, three leaves on the same stalk. Do you wish for some more trefoil leaves? In the little heartbook are many more of them. Delaying is not forgetting!

Форум педагогических идей » Чтение художественной литературы » Сказки » Сказки на английском языке
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Сайт управляется системой uCoz